How to keep your maggots in tiptop condition
1. You need: bucket of maggots, spare bucket and riddle.
2. Pour some of your maggots into the riddle like so.
3. Shake all the dust off and the rest the riddle over the bucket.
4. The live maggots will start to wriggle through the holes.
5. You will be left with dead or inactive maggots in the riddle.
6. And the nice, lively ones in the bucket beneath.
How to attach your tiptop maggots to your rig
1. You need: maggots, bait floss, a sewing needle and some scissors.
2. Right, first off, start by taking a 12-inch length of floss like so.
3. Thread 10 maggots onto your needle, pushing the needle through the fat end.
4. You should end up with a little bunch of maggots like above.
5. Pass the floss through the eye of the needle and pull the maggots onto the floss.
6. Next, carefully tie a couple of Granny Knots to secure the maggots.
7. Now pass the floss through the Hair loop and secure with three Granny Knots.
8. Your maggots are now attached and ready to entice a hungry carp.