1. To kick-off this process, start by trapping the line under the clip.
2. You now need two poles, the Cygnet ones are ideal for this.
3. Lay your rod down and then place one of the poles next to the butt.
4. Now place the other pole next to the rod tip as shown by Dave here.
5. Wrap your leader/lead around one of the poles and then wrap the line…
6. …around the poles until you meet the line clip, counting the wraps as you go.
7. Now count the lengths of line to double check the amount of wraps.
8. Measure any excess you have, in this case it’s around 18-inches.
9. That means a grand total of 12 wraps and 18-inches. Log this down.
10. With the distance logged, it’s time to reel the line back onto the spool.