As far as soaking your boilies in lake water so they appear as though they’ve been in the water for a couple of days when it reality they could have just been introduced goes, it’s one of carp fishing’s biggest edges. After soaking for 24hrs in your bucket of water they lack colour, smell and soften right up, which to pressured carp means one thing: they’re safe to eat. It’s a massive edge for all those that go to the effect of doing it.
But now, CARPology.net can reveal an even bigger edge. One that gives the washed-out effect of the boilies, but actually now contains even more natural attraction. Here’s now you do it…
Washing out, but putting back in
1. Empty a kilo or so of your chosen boilies into a bait bucket.
2. Next cover them in lake water. You can use tap water, but it’s not as effective as using the water from your chosen lake.
3. With the boilies covered, you now want to add half a bottle of natural liquid, something like CC Moore’s Liquid Liver Extract or their awesome Liquid Belachan Extract.
4. You now want to give the liquid and boilies a good mixing before leaving them to soak for at least 24hrs. It’s well worth giving them a good mix every couple of hours if you can.
5. After a 24hr period, pour off the liquid and bottle it up so you can reuse it for next time. Now you should be left with a washed-out-looking bait but one that’s loaded with natural attraction. Give it ago!