1) We’d hardly had time to digest the turkey before news broke that Dean Fletcher had smashed the British record. Do you know how long before it the previous best was caught? (Clue, it was Oz Holness with Two Tone from Conningbrook!)
2) Which tackle company for Adam Penning swooped just outside the January transfer window?
3) ‘Ology favourite, Nige Sharp banked a new PB mirror in March. This incredible beast went 50lb 8oz. Which of these famous fish was Nige’s previous PB mirror?
4) Spring also saw a huge canal carp banked, for the third time, by Bill Phillips. Its weight was 45lb 4oz. The fish currently holds the UK canal record, but at what weight?
5) The Environment Agency announced changes to our rod licence fees this year. Can you remember what you’ll be paying for a new three-rod licence in April 2017?
6) One capture whipped the carp world into a frenzy in ’16 – when Tom Doherty landed Big Rig from RH Fisheries The Avenue. The giant fish was weighed at 70lb 4oz. However, the weight was rounded down for the unsuccessful record claim, but rounded down to what?
7) Cheshire carper Scott Lloyd banked what many consider to be one of the UK’s finest biggies in May. His target, Bite Mark, weighed in at 45lb 12oz, but where did he catch it from?
8) We lost the great Jan Porter in April. Jan made the switch from match fishing to specimen hunting, swapping his trademark red outfit for camo along the way. He loved to target tench from a famous day-ticket complex, bagging this 34lb beast on tench tactics! Where was it from?
9) The year was only a day old when we learned of the death of this bait pioneer. What was his name?
10) This March saw Gavin Neal set a new lake record of 48lb 4oz on St Johns Pool, at the renowned Linear Fisheries. Which fish set the new benchmark?
11) Warren Harrison banked a carp weighing over 90lb for the third time this April, in the shape of this 101lb 8oz beast. At which record-breaking venue was he fishing?
12) New TV show Monster Carp hit our screens in July. Which country didn’t the show visit in search of carp?
13) At which historic venue did Dave Levy catch the second-biggest grassie ever caught, this September?
14) September also saw Rob Hughes’ Carp Team England travel to France to take on the world. In which position did they finish in the team event?
15) The winners of the 2016 BCAC competition were crowned in September. Can you name them?
16) The same BCAC event produced this simply mega, 37lb 7oz carp for finalist, Nick Longpre. Where was it held?
17) In a year to forget for high-profile deaths, we also lost this well-respected carper in November. Can you name him?
18) October saw Yateley West Fishery owner Martin Gardner bank this huge common, called Murray, at 47lb 4oz from the fishery he owns. In which lake does the big common live?
19) ‘Ology contributor, Marcus Howarth, banked yet another target biggie in November, Pingwood Lagoon’s Brute. Can you name the other fish that has previously topped 50lb at the famous Reading water?
20) Can you name the French super-water that Darrell Peck banked this cracker from during an autumn session?
21) Young TJ Elliott banked the huge Single Scale at 59lb 12oz from Rockford, to set a new Rockford lake record in November, but which of these anglers hasn’t caught the great carp?
22) Why was Tom Doherty’s claim on the British Record, with Big Rig denied this December?
23) This carper had another great year, and was voted Carp Angler of the Year as a result. Can you name him?
24) Which ‘Ology contributor is behind the glasses?